09 July 2012

More Hoop-la

A few more finished tapesty hoops....

These are based on Lichenstein paintings.  I think I stitched these about 12 years ago. I really like how they look in the hoops.

'Marilyn' based on a Warhol picture and Audrey which is one of my own patterns.

My challenge now is to actually create patterns for all of them as back then I drew straight onto the canvas with black marker and then 'coloured in' with stitches. This could take a lot of time and patience and strong coffee. Audrey has hundreds of stitches....

I do like how I have actually sewed on her pearls. Sometimes I look back on my old work and cringe but I still really like all these ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback, it makes me feel loved!